- 1 3/4 - 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef® flank steak, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 jalapeño peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved and/or 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 3 tablespoons Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Zest limes; reserving zest for later. Juice limes.
- Combine tequila, lime juice, garlic and 3 tablespoons olive oil (2 tablespoons will be used later). Marinate steak in a zipper-locking plastic bag 2 to 4 hours in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to high. Remove steak from marinade, discard marinade. Season steak with salt and pepper. Grill or broil steak to desired doneness. Let steak rest 5 minutes and slice thinly across the grain.
- Grill jalapeños flesh side down until charred and slightly soft; mince and combine with beef.
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place on top shelf of closed grill to warm.
- Combine tomatoes/avocados, reserved lime zest and Triple Sec. Heat remaining olive oil in large sauté pan. Turn off heat, add tomato mixture and toss gently. Add beef mixture and cilantro; toss gently to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately with warm tortillas.