Serves 8 - 10
Share your great taste!
- 1 Certified Angus Beef ® tri-tip roast (approximately 3-pounds)
- 1/2 cup (3-ounces) coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (2-ounces) cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup (1 1/2-ounces) granulated honey (or granulated raw sugar)
- 1 tablespoon (1/4-ounce) granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon (1/4-ounce) onion powder
- Combine salt, pepper, granulated honey, garlic and onion powder.
- Evenly rub tri-tip with three to four tablespoons of spice rub. Store excess in an airtight container in a cool, dry cupboard.
- Cover tightly in plastic wrap or zipper-locking plastic bag. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, overnight for more intense flavor.
- Over wood fire, charcoal (preferred) or gas, grill tri-tip on each side over medium high heat to develop a dark crust. Move to cooler side of grill to finish to an internal temperature of 130-135°F.
- Move to a clean cutting board, tent with foil and let rest five to ten minutes. Slice thinly against the grain to serve.
- Rub recipe yields approximately 1 1/4 cups (6 ounces), enough for at least five 3-pound tri-tip roasts.