- 1 pound Certified Angus Beef ® English or shoulder steak, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 (1-ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1/3 cup Burgundy wine
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- Place gravy mix in small bowl; gradually stir in wine and water. Set aside.
- Melt butter in large non-stick skillet. Brown beef cubes over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and onions and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add gravy mixture and thyme to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over warmed wild rice.