- 1 (3-pound) Certified Angus Beef ® chuck roast (arm, shoulder or blade)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 1/2 cups diced sweet onion
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 poblano peppers, roasted, skinned, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, roasted and minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup grated aged Manchego or Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Season beef with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in heavy bottom pan. Brown beef on all sides; pour off drippings. Add 4 cups broth to pan. Cover tightly with foil or lid and braise 4 hours until fork tender.
- While the roast cooks, place remaining 2 tablespons olive oil in medium fry pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until transparent; add peppers and garlic; saute 2 to 3 minutes. Deglaze pan with remaining broth and reduce by half. Add cream and reduce by half again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove roast from pan and allow to rest 15 minutes.
- Spoon 1/4 cup sauce onto each plate. Top with 3 ounces beef. Garnish with cilantro and cheese.