Share your great taste!
- 2 pounds Certified Angus Beef ® ground beef (80/20)
- 1 large onion, finely diced (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 8 ounces thick cut bacon, hand diced 1/8-inch
- 4 ounces grated cheddar
- 6 onion burger buns
- Sauté onion in butter one to two minutes on medium-high heat until transparent. Transfer to a mixing bowl. Add barbeque sauce, Worcestershire, ancho, salt and pepper. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- By hand, combine ground beef, bacon and cheese with onion mixture. Form into six patties and grill over medium heat until internal temperature is 160°F.
- Suggested toppings - Grilled red onion, more bacon, barbeque sauce, potato chips